5.10.2023

The Nice Guy ~ Review

The Nice Guy
It's Amor #1
By Abi Sabina

Ivan and Madison seem to hit it off at a quick meeting at the local coffee shop in Sunshine Falls, at least before duty calls and Ivan leaves to meet with a patient. But then they discover that they are the new partners of Healing Hands, Sunshine Falls's only veterinarian clinic. And like that, any possible relationship is over before it has a chance to develop because workplace romances never work out. And Madison knows this from personal experience.

But with two very different viewpoints, there are sure to be clashes. Now they just need to learn to play nice together as they navigate this sudden change. Ivan has always called Sunshine Falls home, while Madison is used to big city ways.       

What follows is a cute read as two people from different backgrounds come together to save what has been entrusted to them. Small-town vet care offers its own unique challenges, some of which may cause you to raise an eyebrow or roll your eyes. Overall this was a sweet read that was a perfect escape for an afternoon/evening book-cation. Ivan and Madison are cute together. And then Ivan's mother! Let's just say she is the epic small-town caring busybody who loves to wag her tongue with gossip, especially if she thinks there is a hint of romance involving her son. Oh, yeah, that type of mother!               

I was provided a complimentary copy of this book with no expectations but that I provide my honest opinion. All thoughts expressed are my own.         

P.S. I don't work in a vet clinic, so I can't attest to the authenticity of the practices as they are portrayed.                                                                                                            

About the Book:

Here’s my advice: 

Never fall for your boss when he is a walking red flag.

After finding out that my boyfriend cheated on me, I packed my bags and moved to Sunshine Falls.

My uncle's ready to retire, and he has always dreamed of me taking over his partnership at the animal clinic in town.

My surprise comes when he introduces me to my new partner, and it’s the cute guy I was talking to at the coffee shop.

It’s okay, though. I’m not looking for a relationship. My priorities are my career and starting over.

Ivan and I clash at every turn, and our transition is anything but smooth. Throw in the exotic animals that keep showing up, and I think we’re doomed.

The one thing we can agree on is to make my uncle proud.

When Ivan starts to open up to me, it's difficult to ignore my feelings. Throw in turtle-shelled glasses, and I’m putty.

I’m tempted to break my rule, but I know the consequences that come with dating a co-worker, and I won’t go through that again.


Available at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
~ Blooming with Books