12.03.2019

My God Loves Me Bible ~ Review

My God Loves Me Bible
By Cecilie Fodor
Illustrated by Gavin Scott

This board book has a handy red handle that your young reader will appreciate as they can easily take this book with them everywhere. It is a little heavy which is to be expected with a board book. There are 18 stories that are each 2 pages in length. The first page says "My God Loves Me" this is followed by a reason why. The second page has a couple of scripture references and a short passage that corresponds with the scriptures and why from the preceding page.

There are illustrations throughout that will appeal to young readers. Each passage is fairly short and so is perfect for the youngest readers (or listeners) who may have a short attention span. The main focus throughout is that "My God loves me" while tying this fact in with some of the most commonly used Bible stories and showing God's love for these well-known people (for example Moses, David, and those to whom Jesus ministered).

It is important to note that the scripture references are not the text but rather the book, chapter, and verse (such as Genesis 1:26-31). That being said you will want to have a Bible close at hand so that you can share the scripture passages too. Other than that I think this is a nice little intro to the Bible for the little ones in your life.

I was provided a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher with no expectations but that I provide my honest opinion. All thoughts expressed are my own.

About the Book:

This colorful book unpacks the wonderful truth that each child is loved by God

God speaks His love through every single story of the Bible. What a beautiful message for little hearts to hear!

With eighteen Bible stories from creation through the life and resurrection of Jesus, My God Loves Me Bible shows children that they are precious beyond measure in God's sight.

Each Bible story is supported by Scripture to bring out the truth it reveals. The stories are told both through words and colorful scenes and visual details young children will love.

With this Bible in their hands, they will say with joy, "God loves me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
~ Blooming with Books