The Waterfall Mysteries #3
By Linda K. Rodante
The book opens with Sid Martin and his friend Richard climbing a Waterfall early one morning while Christa Henson feels an internal prodding to head to the same area. What follows is a double shooting and unanswered questions about who and why that Sid and Christa decide to investigate.
Now this book has two main characters with a whole lot of baggage in their pasts and of course it plays into the current day. Sid and Christa develop feelings during the course of their investigation, an investigation that brings them into even more danger. There are bears, killers, and a bunch of angry people who may or may not be involved in the initial shooting.
This was a shorter read that would appeal to readers who don't wants lots of graphic descriptions. I found the romance to be a bit rushed and had a bit more kissing than I prefer, but nothing overly descriptive, just my personal comfort reading level preferrence.
I will say that it was not surprising that the victim (not Sid's friend Richard) was shot, not that I think that is the answer to handling anything, but I could see how it happened. The guy was a jerk, and that is being kind.
There are references to past relationships that were not chaste, nothing is shown just referenced. Additional issues that are referenced include spouse loss and drinking which the MCs are dealing with and are major points in their pasts that find them in the here and now of this book.
I have not read the previous books in this series but was able to easily read Cascade as a standalone title.
I was provided a complimentary copy of this book with no expectations all thoughts expressed are my own.
About the Book:
A fresh start in the Tennessee mountains was supposed to bring peace.
Instead, it brought a killer.
Sid is running from his own devastating past, swearing off the wilderness forever.
But when a friend lures him back, a desperate cry for help and a brutal attempted murder force him to confront his guilt and his fears.
As their investigation expands and danger closes in, can Crista and Sid narrow the suspects in time to prevent their own demise?
Clean Romance
Brainy Mystery
Multiple suspects
Twists and turns
Suspense
Small town
Tennessee mountains
Rock climbing
Beautiful waterfalls
Swoony hero
Strong, relatable heroine
Faith and forgiveness
Bears, killers, waterfalls, and a bunch of suspects sounds like a lot going on! 😂 I like mysteries that keep you guessing, and I love that this one can be read without having read the first two books.
ReplyDelete