4.03.2018

The Miracle Season ~ The Power of Perseverance and a Movie Trailer

The Power of Perseverance

All too often we are awed and impressed by those who have a natural ability. Those who can play by ear. Who touch a ball and seem to be able to control it with nary a thought. But there are those who may not be a master that awes the masses but they have worked to conquer and call a skill their own.

Have you ever noticed the one person who can never make a basket? Well, I was such a person. The only person who could not get the ball to the hoop much less make it whoosh as fell through the net. It wasn't for lack of trying but rather a lack of hand and eye coordination, or the mere fact that I had no athletic abilities at all could have played a factor. Rather than being known as an athlete I was known for my skill as a klutz. If klutz was a skill I had it down as a natural born talent.

But one year I was determined that I would make a basket during a game. Every day after school I would sit on the ground and practice shooting. It took determination and concentration and a good bit of encouragement to keep up my attempts to better my shooting. I had my family offer tips to better get the ball to the hoop. Adjust my throw. Change my angle. It took time and effort but eventually, I was no longer the one person in school who couldn't make a basket.

Did making a basket make me a hero? No. Did it raise my status amongst my fellow students? No. But what it did do is help me to realize that everything of value takes work. And by working one learns the value of giving your all. It is a skill that can only be learned by putting in the effort. The payoff is the satisfaction that you gave your best. This is a lesson that one can share by encouraging others - that it is the effort that is made that brings the greatest satisfaction when you achieve your goal. And this sets you for future challenges - challenges that demand dedication and drive to overcome them.


The Miracle Season


In Theaters: April 6th
Synopsis: Based on the inspiring true story of West High School girls' volleyball team.  After the tragic death of the school's star player Caroline "Line" Found, the remaining team players must band together under the guidance of their tough-love coach in hope of winning the state championship.

Director: Sean McNamara
Writers: David Aaron Cohen, Elissa Matsueda
Producers: Mickey Liddell, Pete Shilaimon, Mark Ciardi,  
                        Scott Holroyd
Genre: Drama
Cast: Helen Hunt, William Hurt, Danika Yarosh, 
            Erin Moriarty
Production Company: LD Entertainment
Distributor: LD Entertainment / Mirror







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
~ Blooming with Books