English

6.06.2012

Armchair BEA Day 3 - Networking

Armchair BEA - How do I network?
When it comes to networking I use several community outlets.
I use my local library to post about up coming blogging tours,
author interviews, and book giveaways.
I also make use of the local television stations and their 
online community calendar to reach a larger audience.
I also send a community happenings notice to my 
local newspaper for the interviews and giveaways.

I also let my friends and family help spread
the word through e-mail and face-to-face conversations.
I also post events on Facebook, Twitter, DiggIt,
and LinkedIn.

How do you spread the word about your blog?
Please comment!

8 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Armchair BEA. :)

    I use twitter and facebook too. I made friends with our local bookstore since I keep on lurking in there. Haha!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live there are no local bookstores. :(
      The closest one closed over 10 years ago, now they are about 50 miles away! :(

      Delete
  2. I hadn't thought of actually putting notices up or anything - thats a great tip - thank you!


    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a small poster up on the notice board and postcard size papers at the library check-out desk. This also influences what books the library purchases.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I never thought about posting notices in such public venues about blog tours and giveaways! That's such a great idea.

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do a lot of local stuff. Nice work.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my networking post

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your comment is waiting moderation due to the increase in spam comments. Your comments relating to this post should soon be public.
~ Meagan @ Blooming with Books